Position: Volunteer Literacy Tutor
July 05, 2017
Become a Volunteer Literacy Tutor! Help an adult student upgrade. Open the doors to reading and writing. Assist a student in basic literacy skills.
- Completion of an application form
- Reference checks
- Police check
Training is provided and a Resume is not required.
- Tutoring an adult student for two hours, once per week
- Provide encouragement for a student who lacks in confidence and self esteem
- Help a student develop a positive attitude toward learning
- Help a student reach his/her literacy goal (e.g. completion of forms, reading to children, writing a note, etc.)
- Provide the key, in empowering individuals to become more independent
- Provide one-to-one tutoring and witness improved literacy skills in your student
- Have the satisfaction that you supported the literacy cause and your community
- Observe you student’s confidence and self-esteem soar
Contact us today to receive an application form.
SHARE THIS OPPORTUNITY
APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Select the language you'd like to translate the page to:
Request Sent! Thank you.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly. If your request is urgent, please call us at (519) 842-9000.
Enter your search term below: